NEWBIE HERE

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, first of all, welcome to the forum. Secondly, do you have any pics of the 63 split window Vet, (I presume?)

Ok, first of all, welcome to the forum. Secondly, do you have any pics of the 63 split window Vet, (I presume?)
Of course I do... About 95% into the frame off which started in Washington State. Then I retired and sold house fast so had to drop the body, make it run and transport to AZ. Since getting here I haven't had time to finish it.

Attachments

• 3E73F776-7702-4275-AAAC-B5A7CD381726.JPG
    3E73F776-7702-4275-AAAC-B5A7CD381726.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 7FDBCB02-5569-4CBB-BC74-D294CB61BB98.JPG
    7FDBCB02-5569-4CBB-BC74-D294CB61BB98.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 0
Absolutely beautiful. In my opinion, that is the best looking car of all times. I remember back in the 70's, I had a chance to pick one up for $1000. I needed to borrow a few hundred $ from my Dad, but he refused saying, "Why would you waste your money on that thing?" I still cringe when I think about the one that got away!

My cousin has a '54 Corvette with a 6 cylinder engine, with 4,000 original miles. I've tried buying it, along with the '55 Baby Blue T-Bird he has, but money doesn't mean anything to a car collector

Thank You. I have everything done on it except paint. I'm kind of torn between the original riverside red or painting something I like a which is a little more reddish? All the chrome is complete and sitting in sealed bags waiting for install. It has a 383 stroker motor, 450 HP, 454 Lb/Ft torque, original close ratio 4-speed, 1967 336 rear gears. I've been thru piece and everything on the car, new or rebuilt. I put power steering and power dual brakes on it. It has an 11" clutch vs the 10.5" original. Handmade teak steering wheel with the original brush marks going circularly around the spokes which one one year only (not radially from the center).

I had the dash "professionally" restored and the finish is perfect! the workings... not so great. I tried to change from a cable tach to electronic but the electronic workings kinda suck so I'll probably go back to mechanical. Changed the amp meter to a volt meter but still left all the original designations in place, you just see volt on it instead of amp.

Also remaking some of the carpet panels myself as the side kick panels do not fit precisely. Interior is all Dynomat Extreme sound and heat deadening. Bunch of other stuff done. 2,800 lb car just absolutely screams though... so if I don't sell it, i'll probably kill myself in it!

Not only is the car beatuiful but your garage is amazing. Looks like you could eat off of that floor.

There is a method to the madness in the floor. I've worked in many federal buildings on military installations and they have a myriad of floor types painted different colors... some red. green, gray, and blue. What I found is that all the colors have a tendency to suck the light out of the room, that is all but the light blue. It didn't matter how light the paint was it was just darker in the room.

So I had this floor, Two-Part Epoxied with some red, black and iridescent chips. It is very bright in there and oil, grease, solvents just wipe up with a dry rag!

That is a gorgeous car deserving all the love you pour into it.

When I see the newest modern Corvette batmobiles, I wonder, what the #$%^ were they thinking when they came up with hideous monstrosity?

Back