New Water Heater

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickwhoo

Reaction score
Last edited:
I'd recommend go to a local plumbing supply house and compare prices and products. They seem to have better qualities and prices than the big box stores.

What do you think about the stainless steel tank inside? Doesn't need the sacrificial rod in it. I keep reading good reviews for it and it has a steel spigot for flushing it out. I hate all the others with the plastic one.

Wow ! maybe that's good deal. Didn't know they where making stainless steel tanks. Tank is only as good as the weld joints.
and the quality of steel it's made from.

?? steel spigot ?? Stainless steel I hope.

I never saw an all stainless steel tank until I found this one yesterday. I just hope it's a good one and lasts another 16 years like my leaking one has.

20180707_233653.jpg 20180707_233706.jpg I picked up the new tank yesterday. It's in a wooden crate. No cardboard box like every other one I've installed. I never saw that before. The drainage valve is really nice to. Looks like brass ball valve. Screw driver controlled too. It's beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not installed this heater. The old one stopped leaking so I figured, let it live a little longer... Lately I've been thinking about installing it . I have nothing else to do these days so might as well get it done. What should I use under it? Most of the ones I've replaced years ago had nothing under them so I just used nothing. Is there anything out there made for this???

I have not installed this heater. The old one stopped leaking so I figured, let it live a little longer... Lately I've been thinking about installing it . I have nothing else to do these days so might as well get it done. What should I use under it? Most of the ones I've replaced years ago had nothing under them so I just used nothing. Is there anything out there made for this???

I just found this. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Insulfo...ic-Water-Heater-Pad-INSULPAD-310854/202524567

what to put under it?

depends on where it is going to live, and what it is
gas
If it is installed in a garage, it has to be on a stand 18'' high
you need a pan drain under it
It's electric and is in the basement concrete floor.

did you ever figure out what was leaking?
is it a weld or a thread?
It just stopped... There was a puddle where the hot water pipe comes out. I kept drying it off and it just stopped??? I thought it was from humidity but my dehumidifier is 10 feet away from the heater. It just stopped

when a pipe cools, [contracts] it will leak
when i gets hot [expands] it will stop
i have seen rust stop a leak
That's probably what happened here. Rust... For the past 11 months, I just keep checking it and it's been totally dry.

I just want to get the new one installed to get it out of the way. It's still sitting in a corner where I put it last year.

View attachment 17716 View attachment 17717 I picked up the new tank yesterday. It's in a wooden crate. No cardboard box like every other one I've installed. I never saw that before. The drainage valve is really nice to. Looks like brass ball valve. Screw driver controlled too. It's beautiful.
I trust the ID on the valve is as large as possible ... some are small, they will easily plug when draining sediment.

Latest posts

Back