New Water Heater

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By Murphy’s Law, it will probably wait to totally blow when you are gone on vacation.
Causing a big flood and no one to notice it.
Or when you have a big family event like Thanksgiving, with guests over etc.
At the least, put some water alarms around it.
Myself and my family are down there many times a day... I'm not worried at all.

By Murphy’s Law, it will probably wait to totally blow when you are gone on vacation.
Causing a big flood and no one to notice it.
Or when you have a big family event like Thanksgiving, with guests over etc.
At the least, put some water alarms around it.

Doing service repair I often find that I don’t know anything and the rules do not apply to the customer in front of me. Their situation is different and I’m just too stupid to realize it. 😉

I looked up the link to your WH and it says it's discontinued. Maybe you should call Westinghouse and inquire as to why.

I saw the same thing. At least Home Depot isn’t carrying it, im not sure if it’s still being manufactured.

I just read the warranty. There’s some double talk about who can install it and still maintain the warranty. If there’s no local dealer then you’ll have to pay shipping. No thank you.

Last edited:
goggle condensate pan drain water sensor
place it in your water heater pan and wire it to a bell/horn/ radio/ what ever
then sit back and wait the sob out

if you really want to get crazy, wire the sensor to a zone valve located on the main line
sensor goes off and it shuts the water off

I really wanted to get 20 years out of it... My Daughter reminded me this morning. She really wants to learn how to sweat pipes. Maybe she'll become a plumber???

I really wanted to get 20 years out of it... My Daughter reminded me this morning. She really wants to learn how to sweat pipes. Maybe she'll become a plumber???

You could make more money doing something easier. 🤓

You could make more money doing something easier. 🤓
Like what??? She refused to go to school after graduating in the top 5 in her class. She doesn't know what she wants to do. Right now she's working for Amazon moving up the ranks there but she's not sure if she wants to stay there now.

Like what??? She refused to go to school after graduating in the top 5 in her class. She doesn't know what she wants to do. Right now she's working for Amazon moving up the ranks there but she's not sure if she wants to stay there now.
EASY simple remedy
My son decided to get a low paying job and did not want to go back to school.
I sat him down and told him that I support any decisions that he makes BUT,
he has to support himself, His Mom and I are not going to do it. I told him we are his safety net, if he needs help we are here
BUT. he has to pay rent and utilities, Food, And if he wants his clothes washed he can do it himself or pay his mother
He has to pay car insurance, PHone, gas Every thing an adult has to pay.
The Exception is, If he is in school we will pay those bills
Not in school, YOU pay your bills
He decided to go back to school and get a degree. He works for OSHA bring in over 60k at 25

Did you periodically replace the anode rod? Getting 19 years out of one without it rusting through the bottom is impressive!

I finally replaced my water heater... It started dripping a little on Thursday and I just had to do it. It was a little taller but was easy to cut the pipes to make it fit...

Attachments

• 0CRKG5iuRxStHCT6528aiQ.jpg
    0CRKG5iuRxStHCT6528aiQ.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 88kz2KEqSbSG6d1JsezQkQ.jpg
    88kz2KEqSbSG6d1JsezQkQ.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (585).png
    Screenshot (585).png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
I had to open it... Nasty!

Attachments

• 7lUhPujPTjWASkVEsmFdvw.jpg
    7lUhPujPTjWASkVEsmFdvw.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 0
  • XtOhm9XnSfONmmP9S_li5Q.jpg
    XtOhm9XnSfONmmP9S_li5Q.jpg
    439.8 KB · Views: 0
  • d0PysgKZQ669FbXHQaIUcw.jpg
    d0PysgKZQ669FbXHQaIUcw.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Uvie-SuRTmCsHxGIHxtxXw.jpg
    Uvie-SuRTmCsHxGIHxtxXw.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 0
Since replacing my water heater, my electric bill has been $50 less for the last 2 months... I should have replaced it years ago!

I had to open it... Nasty!
We're you expecting to see a nice looking inside ? Mine is 23 years and counting. When I do replace it, I'm not sure if I'll want to look inside. Maybe just pull the elements to look, at them.

Are you sure the water heater alone dropped you $50 ?

Same size ? Same thermo setting ? Same volume of water being used ? Same temp of incoming water ?

The only thing that would make your new water heater more efficient would be thicker tank insulation that would slow down standby loss. Hard to believe you had $50 worth of standby loss.

Despite what people think, electric water heaters are almost 100% efficient. The only real loss you have is standby loss while the hot water is sitting there cooling off between heating cycles.

Come’on man

Back