New Vanity: Shelf not deep enough for P-Trap

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBrew13

Reaction score
I'm installing a new vanity, sink etc and the location of the drain outlet is a little too low to install a standard P-Trap. Is it acceptable to angle the new trap (standard p-trap with flexi tube to sink drain) so that it fits within the vanity? Attached is a picture of what I'm talking about. I figure that it would still hold enough water to block off-gassing, but I have no idea if this is acceptable to code or anything of the sort. The picture is coming in sideways for some reason...sorry about that.

Thanks for your help with this!

20160528_163314.jpg

So if i came off of the drain at about a 45 deg angle, swap the flex for a straight extension like what youve shown and then hit that with another 45 to the sink drain, that would work?

Is flex a no-go in plumbing? I'm just a poor DIYer who cant afford an actual plumber, so just curious. Thanks again.

There are many existing threads here as to why you should avoid that flexible tubing, as well as how to fix what you got.

Phishfood: thank you, thats exactly what I was looking for.

Back