New Symmons shower valve dribbles after being shut off

Discussion in 'Showers and Tubs' started by Thomas Heys, Aug 11, 2019.

Help Support Plumbing Forums by donating:

1. Aug 11, 2019 #1

Thomas Heys

Thomas Heys

Thomas Heys

I have a newly installed Symmons Temptrol shower mixing valve which dribbles for a few seconds after just about every use and has done so since it was installed several weeks ago. Is there an adjustment which will rectify this issue?

2. Aug 11, 2019 #2

Geofd

Geofd

Geofd

Professional Professional

when you shut off your valve move the diverter to the tub spout otherwise there is about 4 feet of 1/2 pip above the valve that has to drain along with the shower head and tub spout

3. Aug 12, 2019 #3

Thomas Heys

Thomas Heys

Thomas Heys

The tub is on the other side of the wet wall and controlled with a separate Temptrol valve. My problem occurs in my stand-alone shower several minutes after turning off the shower and well after any water in the shower head has drained and all dripping has stopped.

4. Aug 12, 2019 #4

Geofd

Geofd

Geofd

it shouldn't really drip that long its possible that there is debris between the stem and the hot seat have you tried (flushing) it???? by that I mean turning it on and of a few times only other way is to shut it off and remove the stem and flow water thru the open valve body....if you call symmons industries they have tech support the may send you new parts for free they are located in Braintree its the best valve out there another thing you can try is removing the shower head an flowing it that way I work for northeastern u in boston we have hundreds of these so what ever it is is gonna be a simple fix....but my guess is debris in the valve

5. Aug 12, 2019 #5

Geofd

Geofd

Geofd

it shouldn't really drip that long its possible that there is debris between the stem and the hot seat have you tried (flushing) it???? by that I mean turning it on and of a few times only other way is to shut it off and remove the stem and flow water thru the open valve body....if you call symmons industries they have tech support the may send you new parts for free they are located in Braintree its the best valve out there another thing you can try is removing the shower head an flowing it that way I work for northeastern u in boston we have hundreds of these so what ever it is is gonna be a simple fix....but my guess is debris in the valve