New sewage souce (toilet) too far from septic

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cablemantim

Reaction score
Hey, this is my first time on this forum, glad I found it!

I am starting my initial planning on turning our shed out back, which is due for a complete rebuild into a "mother in law suite".

Its a good size shed now, im going to extend the slab a bit and make a little studio that could also double as a home office down the road. The main issue I see is the drain to the septic tank.

My yard is a 1/3 acre rectangle, the shed is currently in the very back of the yard on the right and side. The septic is in the front yard on the left side.

I haven't measured yet but i'm estimating the distance to be ~150 feet. The input drain to the septic is about 12-18" deep. I don't figure ill be able to get enough slope out of the drain to have it reliably run the distance.

Im assuming this means ill need a sump to help push it the rest of the way, the thing is I don't know anything about them. Google is making me a bit more confused because I see sump's are used for many different things, none of which (that I have found) are used for what I need.

Any input, advice, places to look for good info?

Water source isn't an issue as the water softener/pressure tank is all currently in the shed, the well is right next to the shed.

Thanks in advance

Back