Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumbdrum

Reaction score
Hello all, plumbing Inspector from Massachusetts , I may chime in from time to time with some good or bad news/info. Lol
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Plumbing Forum

Thanks for spending time around here, and welcome.

Question for you. Have you heard anything about the new water heater efficiency requirements that are supposed to be going into effect next year?

I was under the impression that sometime this year there was to be changes to any manufacture producing atmospheric vented appliances would have to stop producing them. Not sure if it is mandated for HWH or furnaces. I believe that the EPA is the culprit here. Lol. I have some info in my office and will try to get more specifics to you. Over in Europe I believe they already have such rules in place. What region of the country are you in?

Never mind, I see Florida . Still getting used to the site

I have read through something supposedly put out by Bradford White. I don't remember the specifics, but IIRC, any electric over 50 gallons would end up having to be heat pump style, and any gas over 66 would have to be instantaneous. Don't quote me on that.

I know furnaces were going to be the first big change, no more under 85%. All high eff

Last edited:
Back