new hose bib needed

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fritz57

Reaction score
below is what I need to replace. But I'd like to replace with a 1/4 turn butterfly handle (metal, I hope) instead of a multi-turn MPT (I assume it's MPT not other, or would that be a bad assumption?).
I need potable as we have a small fish pond that it will fill occasionally.
Are all these pretty much the same or make sure I get one make or another, Mueller or ...
Preferably US made, if possible.

Attachments

• IMAG1808.jpg
    IMAG1808.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Be aware that because the current copper pipe stub out is NOT designed to handle the kind of effort/force at any hose bibb but, especially a lever handle, then you face possibly causing it to bend and kink.
Proper anchoring of hose bibb for long term use is a future course of action you should plan for. In your situation, from behind that funky wall material anchored to wood.

Be aware that because the current copper pipe stub out is NOT designed to handle the kind of effort/force at any hose bibb but, especially a lever handle, then you face possibly causing it to bend and kink.
Proper anchoring of hose bibb for long term use is a future course of action you should plan for. In your situation, from behind that funky wall material anchored to wood.
It’ll probably be ok if someone doesn’t tug the garden hose. Solder is a lot stronger than propress.

But yes, it’s not anchored properly.

the hose goes to a reeler that is disconnected for winter. So it's touched only twice a year. But I do realize it isn't done correctly.
I won't post a picture of the other hose bib. ;)

Back