New here but not new to forum experiences

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H20Boy

Reaction score
Just hoping to learn a bit as a teach a bit. I don't know a lot but I do like to talk.

Welcome.

I have got to ask this question. I visited your website. I'm very curious as to how you get this stored water from these tanks if the power goes out or the pump quits or if they are even for a well application. Same goes with city water. If there is no air in the tank and the city pressure goes to zero, how are you going to make use of the tanks?

The pump in the system is a more for the convenience factor. The pump runs off of a 12 volt battery. Yes, it would be bad if you are planning using the pump and the battery is dead. Each tank is equipped with spigots that drain at the bottom of each tank so if the pump fails, gravity will drain the tanks. You would just hook up an FDA approved hose and attach it to the spigot and you would still have access to all your water.

The tanks also have an air release valve so once the pressure drops to zero, this valve will allow air flow into the tanks.

Does that help/answer your questions?

The hose would allow access to the water with the schrader valves, but only to a bucket. There would be no pressure to push the water to a faucet in the plumbing.

If you have a pump and battery, is there something plugged into 115 volt AC to keep the battery charged?

Correct. The two options for the battery is either a deep cycle marine battery or you could invest in solar panels if there is an energy shortage.

Now lets talk about disinfection. What is going to keep this water fresh, since I don't see anyway for it to renew every so often. Except for manually doing it. I don't see the average homeowner doing that for long.

Ah yes, the freshness of the water is dependent on the source it originally comes from. So if that becomes contaminated, then sad to say, the water storage becomes contaminated. However, precautions can be made by installing filters, it would just depend on how much the homeowner is willing to go.

I personally try to keep a back up of the back up so if option 1 fails, I'm not complete left in the dark.

So yes, every time the home owner uses water in their house, it's renewed that often but if the water source is bad, then there may not be much we can do.

Last edited:
Back