New Guy From OK Indian Country....

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOKA-WIL

Reaction score
Howdy - I just joined-up for the formums here. I live in a very rural area within the Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma. I am surrounded be several thousands of acres within a State Primitive Area, and within a rock's throw of a National Scenic River. Strikingly beautiful as it is, I am biased. I'm a member of the Sovereign Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma - SE rather than NE Oklahoma along the Arkansas line.

I'm a retired gunsmith and metal finisher. If anyone needs any advice along those lines I will be happy to help if I can.

For my part, I'm having problems with my water well.

Look forward to learning more about everyone. Also, just love to learn about anything/everything mechanical. Not enough lifetimes, huh?

Happy Memorial Day
Shout Out Today to 75th Rangers
Stay Low Boys!

Thanks fo the welcome.

Osiyo
Journeyman! Say, you might want to know that Apple now provides the Cherokee Alphabet/Syllabary wih the IPhone. Its great - you can text folks in your native tongue. While I am Choctaw, I do speak and write a fair bit of Cherokee. We can't communicate without English with Cherokees - it is an Iroquoian language where ous is a Muskogean dialect - Natchez, Chitmacha, Biloxi, Chickasaw, Muskogee Creek, Caddo and others from the deep south.

C'mon down for the Labor Day National Holiday in Tahlequah. Sure, I'm Choctaw, but us Indian folk love to eat, dance and party - at ALL powows.. Who cares which tribe is footing th bill, right?

Anyway, I had to tell yu that I love that hat. Looking for a logo for a metalfinishing company. We will be serving a lot of M/C members including the 1% guys from Banditos and Outlaws, Its exactly the kind of lokk I want.

Wado Bro:cool:!

Welcome to the forum! You may find the thread about showing your guns to be interesting. I think you'll fit in well here.

I'm have no Cheroke blood, but I'm part Lenape of the Delaware Nation.

The area you described sounds beautiful.

Grew up working summers on my uncle's farm at Honobia. SE Oklahoma is some mighty pretty country. (if you can keep Weyerhaeuser from strip mining the timber).

It's funny how you can spot the Weyerhaeuser land. All the trees from Google Earth are planted in rows.

Yeah, those sob's Weyerhauser have been ruining our forests for years - all buddied-up with trribal functionaries and the BIA - Bureau of Indian Affairs - or as we call it - "BOSSING INDIANS AROUND.

If you want to see something that is truly crime against nature, go to a little place up in the Appalachians called, I think, McCaysville, TN. The coal companies literally demolished entire mountains. The landscape looks like Mars. Its the worst place I ever saw other than maybe Secaucus, NJ. The robber-barons like Rockefeller, JP Morgan and that crowd destroyed that place in the 1800's - its still sickening. I feel badly for the folks who live in those places.

It is sad when they destroy things like that. I live out in what is supposed to be a wildlife reservation but a timber company bought up a bunch of land and they cut down almost all of the trees surrounding my property. It's sad to see it so empty on google earth.

Back