New floor, substrate question?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mushhuskies

Reaction score
Aloha, new to the forum as a user, a wee bit of lurking in past years. Haven't had much need for lots of plumbing help till now. Redoing bathroom. Am installing a delta laurel shower. After I strip everything out, I'll be repairing some of the original 3/4" floor, adding another layer of 1/2" ply, then 1/2" Duroc for the tile floor. I've tiled the rest of the house as such leaving loo for last. My questions are; do I lay the Duroc under the shower as well? Is that a consideration for the 3" pan height? I've read somewhere that lower than 3-4" is actually more of a tripping hazard. Or is it just aesthetics? Any heads up for toilet flange install on tile floor? Thanks for any and all advice! I'll continue to search the forum for past advice as well....thanks...pete

Ideal height of toilet flange would be flush to finish floor. If you have plastic drain ( ABS/PVC ) you can install a flange with a Stainless Steel adjustable ring after the floor is finished or Duroc is installed.

You don't need the Duroc under shower pan.

No durock under the shower in case you have to replace the bath floor later on

Back