New Construction slab foundation

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhbisagna

Reaction score
Hi, I am building a small home with 2x6 exterior walls on slab foundation. I have never roughed in sewer and would like to know if someone could give me a drawing on how they would do it and where they would put the vents. The brown circle front left corner is a grinder pump where I need the drain to end up. Thank you

Attachments

• Plumbing.png
    Plumbing.png
    212 KB · Views: 13
I really suggest that the last place to learn to do plumbing is under a concrete slab.
Have someone plumb the slab (fly me out) and you can learn above slab where you can cut out mistakes more readily.
There is so much that you don't know. Your mistakes underslab will haunt you.
I heartily recommend Liberty duplex pump...comes preplumbed with high water alarm and everything you need except stuff for outside like check valves and shut-offs.

Attachments

• Rich St.JPG
    Rich St.JPG
    335.2 KB · Views: 7
I understand but on a tight budget, they quoted me 15,800 to do complete plumbing and 6,000 for just sewer lines in slab. That was the best quote. So I will have to do it myself. But thanks anyway.

Yes, I believe the problem is they are busy doing either contractor jobs or bigger commercial and if you want them to break off and do mine they will but for a premium price. Once I understand how where to put vents I will figure it out. Some fixtures being on the outside walls and I would really like to only put vents on interior walls if possible.

Looking at the plan, I’d move the master toilet to almost directly behind the guest bath toilet. This way when the toilet wouldn’t be in view when the door is open.

I really suggest that the last place to learn to do plumbing is under a concrete slab.
Have someone plumb the slab (fly me out) and you can learn above slab where you can cut out mistakes more readily.
There is so much that you don't know. Your mistakes underslab will haunt you.
I heartily recommend Liberty duplex pump...comes preplumbed with high water alarm and everything you need except stuff for outside like check valves and shut-offs.

His basin will be located outside. The problem with preplumbed basins is you lose the option of drilling your entry and exit at the proper heights/locations.

His entry point to the basin may be 3’ deep. Might be 24”. That’s why it’s good to drill your own holes. The fiberglass basins we use come in various diameters snd heights. You can also get extensions so your lid will be just above ground level.

All of his piping will be underground. It will most likely have a 1.25” connection at the street. Forced sewer main.
His line from the pump to the street connection will be 1.25”.

The local utility will specify a high head grinder that they guarantee to work.

You can buy a packaged system already built to local specs but the basin isn’t drilled.

Latest posts

Back