New ADU in basement

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max edwards

Reaction score
Hi all - putting in a new kitchen/ bath in a basement ADU. Floor will be a 4" slab, and the back side (closest on the iso drawing) is an 8" stem wall rising about 3'.

Any thoughts, critiques, jokes welcome.

Cheers,

iso.jpeg

You can reduce to to 1 1/2 inch pipe after the clean out, also you do not need a 2 inch vent there. If you are below grade you might need a back water valve on both branches . I would install a clean out on the kitchen line.

Thank you Arctic Bill!

One follow up - would it work to put the WC directly over that 3" line?

Like this:

iso.png

Nice Iso’s!

In NC the bath tub p-trap must be protected with its own vent before a flushing fixture enters the line. This plumbing code is in place to keep the mass of water from a flushed toilet traveling down stream and syphoning any p-trap dry. If you run a wet vent from the closest lavatory and hit your horizontal tub drain line first, then let your toilet enter the line, it would pass inspection down here.

Check your state codes. (Which could take a while to find the right venting section to read)

Here’s how the NC code reads. (My inspectors phone pictured)

82F20DEA-D998-4F11-B780-1197A7FB1CFD.jpeg

Nice Iso’s!

In NC the bath tub p-trap must be protected with its own vent before a flushing fixture enters the line. This plumbing code is in place to keep the mass of water from a flushed toilet traveling down stream and syphoning any p-trap dry. If you run a wet vent from the closest lavatory and hit your horizontal tub drain line first, then let your toilet enter the line, it would pass inspection down here.

Check your state codes. (Which could take a while to find the right venting section to read)

Here’s how the NC code reads. (My inspectors phone pictured)

View attachment 28698
Max you know your stuff

Thanks matt.mena and arctic bill. Its pretty great to encounter positive and constructive folks on these forums!!

I depending on the lengths of looks and available routing it looks pretty good. I think if reroute the bath and try to vent it somewhere as Mena eluded to.

Latest posts

Back