Neighbor Removed Brick Between Houses to Install Plumbing

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks pretty good, and great that you provided a drawing of what's behind that drywall. The main concern, as this isn't a real firewall but rather that it provides a fire stop of sorts, is to keep any open areas from providing a chimney effect to a fire. So, sealing off the voids is the most important part, which you did quite well.

I agree. Nice quick job.

There are some neat stud sensors out there that give you visibility into walls. Not sure how well they work but if they do and you get bored you could scan for voids. Might be a lock box full of cash in the wall somewhere 😀

Last edited:
You sure did a nice job working to keep your family safe.

FrontPorch mentioned scannning for voids. If it helps, cheap ($10.00) borescopes with lights that hook to a phone are on line. (I don't know about the free spyware than comes with them...)

If it helps, cheap ($10.00) borescopes with lights that hook to a phone are on line.
I have one of those and it works really well. I use an old android phone for that as well as the “Torque” OBDII app for my car. Otherwise the phone is off so not too concerned with the spyware

I have one of those and it works really well. I use an old android phone for that as well as the “Torque” OBDII app for my car. Otherwise the phone is off so not too concerned with the spyware
My Milwaukee M-Spector just bit the dust. (3rd one- All treated gently. All = No parts available) So, I bought something called Ilihome Dual Camera Endoscope Model P50. It is 39.00 USD on Amazon. Made in China, but so is the Milwaukee.

Figuring it would be a throw away, I was surprised that it's quite robust & waterproof. The ability to record videos and snap photos is pretty handy. (Comes with a memory card to move the the images to a computer)
It's got two cameras, each with it's own light. You can dual-screen it, or pick one camera for full screen.

And, if I drop it, it's not the phone I'm dropping.
So, if you're looking for one, this might be helpful. (And fun- I can look at my brain and out of my ear at the same time.)

Latest posts

Back