need some advice on plumbing drain / vent

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a limit or a rule to how many turns a vent pipe can have? I am going to try connect this vent to the main vent stack but that might require a decent amount of 90 degrees angles / turns.

do you mean clean out at the base of clean out stack or vent? Also what is the purpose of the clean if it will all be covered by drywall?

I am sorry! I am not messing with you and I didn't mean to come across that way.. This was and will be a finished laundry room and will get drywalled and I wasn't sure where I would put the clean out and why i needed it there.

to make it a little clearer - when I said this is in the basement i should have been more clear, this is a bi-level house and the laundry room is on the lower level which is about 3 - 4 feet in the ground, not an actually basement.

shouldn't I only need one clean out drain in whole plumbing system? I know that there should be a clean out at the main drain.

708.3.1 Horizontal drains within buildings. All horizontal drains shall be provided with cleanouts located not more than 100 feet (30 480 mm) apart.

708.3.2 Building sewers. Building sewers shall be provided with cleanouts located not more than 100 feet (30 480 mm) apart measured from the upstream entrance of the cleanout. For building sewers 12 inches (305 mm) and larger, manholes shall be provided and located not more than 200 feet (60 960 mm) from the junction of the building drain and building sewer, at each change in direction and at intervals of not more than 400 feet (122 m) apart. Manholes and manhole covers shall be of an approved type.

708.3.3 Changes of direction. Cleanouts shall be installed at each change of direction greater than 45 degrees (0.79 rad) in the building sewer, building drain and horizontal waste or soil lines. Where more than one change of direction occurs in a run of piping, only one cleanout shall be required for each 40 feet (12 192 mm) of developed length of the drainage piping.

708.3.4 Base of stack. A cleanout shall be provided at the base of each waste or soil stack

yes you need to get that trap out of there and just trap the stand pipe for the laundry by itself and add air admittance vale

Are you saying i should separate the sink drain and the washer drain? I think the diagram that frodo posted will work just fine.

Back