need routine drain maintenance suggestions

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rita_G

Reaction score
Scenario:
About every 3-4 years, the sinks/showers (not toilets) on one side of house (kitchen side) begin to clog, and a sewer/drain clog guy has to come with motorized snaking device to clear the pipe, and says it was clogged with grease. Same thing every time.

Question:
Is there any way to routinely maintain the drainage system to avoid clogging with grease?

Snaking a line clogged with grease is a temporary fix the snake only punches a small hole through the clog it will fill back up soon IE your sistuation

Either jet the line or replace the line

Also, if you do not have a septic tank system, I would suggest that you look into chemical drain cleaners for grease. Making sure it's safe for your piping, of course.
The best drain cleaners for grease are often liquid cleaners that can dissolve and dislodge even the toughest clogs without you having to call a plumber.

You can start with this write-up.
https://www.bustle.com/p/the-4-best-drain-cleaners-for-grease-12111162

I would throw 99% of your food scraps in the trash I deal with drains every day commercial residential,disposal or no disposal after time your drain will build up with grease/debris the more you keep the food out of the drain the less you will see the drain cleaner

Latest posts

Back