Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just checked the mass code i took both licence tests done remember any mayh formula for that usually most calculations are done by an engineer try CAPE COD PLUMBING SCHOOL its alic prep class school there is another i will find for you

Hey everybody,

I'm writing a course for online license renewal for Massachusetts plumbers. Part of the outline that the state sent us lists that we must provide a few sizing problems for vacuum breakers and go over the math for these problems. I'm not a professional plumber, so I'm not sure how to approach this.

Here's exactly what the outline states (the code for this is 248 CMR 10.14 - Massachusetts' adoption of the IPC):

"a. 10.14 (11) (h) 5. (e)
 Provide a few sizing problems and go over the math
 1-1/4” cold water line feeding a water heater
 2-1/2” cold water line feeding a water heater
 Largest VV available is ¾”
Could anyone here help me develop these problems and explain the math?

Thanks,

Cameron

Try iapmo this co teachs ouf code reveiw classes thru out mass

Hey everybody,

I'm writing a course for online license renewal for Massachusetts plumbers. Part of the outline that the state sent us lists that we must provide a few sizing problems for vacuum breakers and go over the math for these problems. I'm not a professional plumber, so I'm not sure how to approach this.

Here's exactly what the outline states (the code for this is 248 CMR 10.14 - Massachusetts' adoption of the IPC):

"a. 10.14 (11) (h) 5. (e)
 Provide a few sizing problems and go over the math
 1-1/4” cold water line feeding a water heater
 2-1/2” cold water line feeding a water heater
 Largest VV available is ¾”
Could anyone here help me develop these problems and explain the math?

Thanks,

Cameron

Latest posts

Back