Need help with plumbing

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIY007

Reaction score
Hello all,

This is my 1st time on this forum so please bear with me about my lack of plumbing knowledge :)
I just purchased my house and ran into 3 of the following plumbing issues:
*I replaced my kitchen sink with a deeper basin sink and need help with re-doing the plumbing setup. Fortunately the garbage disposal is 1 inch higher than the drain.. phew!
*The old shower valve needs to be replaced with a new, updated one. I assume I need to (1) purchase a new threaded copper pipe, (2) insert it in the new valve, (3) cut the existing copper pipe, and then (4) solder the new copper pipe with the existing copper pipe?
*I replaced my bathroom sinks and the drains/pipes don't line up correctly.

Can someone please help me? Any help is much appreciated!

Attachments

• Kitchen 1.jpg
    Kitchen 1.jpg
    543.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Kitchen 2.jpg
    Kitchen 2.jpg
    518.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Shower 1.jpg
    Shower 1.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Shower 2.jpg
    Shower 2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Shower 3.jpg
    Shower 3.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Bathroom 1.jpg
    Bathroom 1.jpg
    511 KB · Views: 21
well for the kitchen drain were the drain height is close you clould cut the coupling leaving enough room for a double ty or double wye and 2 st 45s with a clean out on top...yeh i know you have a union trap

well for the kitchen drain were the drain height is close you clould cut the coupling leaving enough room for a double ty or double wye and 2 st 45s with a clean out on top...yeh i know you have a union trap
for the bath sink there is a drillbit that will reem out the fitting in the wall i thik its called a RAM bit its designed to drill out the pvc pipe that's glued into the fitting so you can start over again

whats wrong with the old one????? the copper and solder don't look to old

Thanks Geofd for your help. Regarding your strategy, how would I get the clean out to be on top?

Back