Need help with clogged sink.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waywardgirl

Reaction score
Ok so this is clogged or something and it won't go down... I have snaked the p trap and then just replaced all the p trap pipes with new ones as well as replaced the vent and nothing worked so now I'm trying to snake the pipe in the picture because it seems to be clogged here but its not working.
I have hit an obstruction with the snake but it won't budge so idk if it's a corner or the clog is just too big but any tips would be appreciated.

I can't afford to call a plumber and have been stuck without a sink for a few weeks, pls help
20210528_131316.jpg

I would say renting a small/to medium power snake, but that is very dangerous to use without training.

Cutting out piping from below if you had all the tools might be cheaper; but really, in the big picture, you need to find a plumber if you are the owner.

Below the sink has a patch attached, and it's nothing too a big problem. If you checked it well, you could remove this. If you want to that's a pipe out from the snake pipe, then look on the under the sink there have a screw-type patch you can remove easily. If you can't pull that, you can use a chainsaw to cut pipe and remove it.

Below the sink has a patch attached, and it's nothing too a big problem. If you checked it well, you could remove this. If you want to that's a pipe out from the snake pipe, then look on the under the sink there have a screw-type patch you can remove easily. If you can't pull that, you can use a chainsaw to cut pipe and remove it.
Did you have a stroke while you were typing? 😄

What size cable are you using???? Looks like 3/8" can you change heads, start with smallest to biggest if you think you hitting something put light pressure on it, the water in the pipe will drain once you get it but keep going and flush with water when it's cleared the snake should be very close to the wye otherwise the cable will flip around

Back