Need help ref a adapter parts I need for a gas line

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julie H

Reaction score
I need a part like this one in the picture. I want female 3/8 fine (9/16-24 fine thread) thread X male 3/8 course thread. Does anyone here know if this is a part I can purchase? And please, if you know how I can search for it, the name of it, please let me know.
Screenshot 2021-10-11 104119.jpg

And I am also searching for a part like this that is female 3/8 fine (9/16-24 fine thread) fine thread on one end and 3/8 course thread on other end.
1633967500778.png

Last edited:
Looks like something off a gas log set.

What’s this for ?

I don't know the proper names for the adapters. I went to a small hardware store that sells supplies for gas space heaters. Told him what I need and he put it together. Got it home and attached it to my gas pipe connection and then to my new Mr. Heater Natural Gas Vent-Free Blue Flame Wall Heater. Everything fits well. Now I need plumber tape to have a secure connection, then test for leaks and I'm set for IF we get cold weather.

Here are some pictures of the adapters and the hose line (with label).

hose line.png
Label #1.png
Label #2.png

Does pipe dope get hard? I'm concerned about using a solvent and not being about to disconnect the heater after winter.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back