Need help on brand - Kit Spring Pull Down Faucet Sprayer Female Thread

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wedward

Reaction score
Hello - I need help identifying the brand of this kitchen faucet. There are no markings or branding of any kind anywhere on the unit. I suspect there are some on the underside at the water connections, which I may have to get to if I cant replace the sprayer head. The head is blocked - tried a day soaking in vinegar, minimal luck as it flows for a second and then stops. Maybe a cartridge in there as well. This head has female threading, and I can't find a way to disassemble any part of it. Everything online seems to be male threading at the head. Two function only with a magnetic base in the back to attach to the arm. Grey plastic/rubber hose inside the spring assembly. Thanks for any help
UPDATE: I got under the unit and see a Kohler tag on the plastic connector hose feeding it. Not sure if it is a Kohler or just a hose they used. I looked all over Kohler's site and don't see one like this, and their replacement heads seemed to all be male threaded as well.
2021-02-11 11-35-15.jpeg2021-02-11 11-35-13.jpeg2021-02-11 11-35-19.jpeg2021-02-11 11-34-54.jpeg2021-02-11 11-34-08.jpeg

Attachments

• 2021-02-11 11-33-59.jpeg
    2021-02-11 11-33-59.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
There might be a clogged check valve, at either end of the hose, or inside a quick connect for the hose under the sink.
You can usually tease them out and flush, but sometimes they need replacing.

You can probably tease out the screen on the female thread end, to get in there and clean out the guts.
Sometimes a tiny screwdriver, tiny allen wrench, or a curved dental pick can grab an edge and lift out the screen.

The aerator comes out.....it has to.
If it does, it seems to need a dedicated tool. There are 4 small indents on the aerator face/edge, but nothing I've used seems to move them. Even tried prying it out, but am afraid of damaging it.

If it does, it seems to need a dedicated tool. There are 4 small indents on the aerator face/edge, but nothing I've used seems to move them. Even tried prying it out, but am afraid of damaging it.

Odd but when I open the valve very slowly and slightly (low flow/pressure) it seems to work almost like normal. If I increase the output it immediately drops down to a small output/dribble. So that seems like some pressure valve of some type built in. I looked online for the cache aerator tool mentioned and am not sure that will work, as the aerator looks like it's embedded in the face, and the divots mentioned are on the outer edges of the face. Is there a tool / key that might correspond to those spaces/divots? I'll see if HD has the cache tool just for good measure to see if that can still work.
nocacheaerotool.jpg

Last edited:
I went to the Kohler site for your faucet, and many if not most of the reviews are complaining of the same exact issue with a clogged spray head, that cannot be opened up to clean out.
Seems like another Kohler goofy design.

Seems like another Kohler goofy design.
Thanks - yeah I dug at it and almost gouged my hand with a small flathead trying to open it. Today I walked past the set in HD. I'm going to give K a shot at replacing it, even though we broke down and got a new one off Amazon. Then I can use it in the laundry room. thanks again!

Here’s a tip.
Wait a year or two, then call Kohler for another new spray head.
You know you will be needing it, so better to have it on your shelf than theirs.

I have a client with a fancy Grohe kitchen faucet.
The sprayer head is the weak link on this one also, and the little check valves also keep slowing down the flow rate.
Plus some of the rubber coverings peel off.
So now I have been ordering new ones in advance, about every 1.5 to 2 years, because I have had to change the sprayer head at least four or five times in ten years.

Latest posts

Back