Need Help Installing a Sink Hose

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyP

Reaction score
I am trying to remove the wand hose from my kitchen sink and I can't get the old hose off. Can anyone tell me how to disconnect it? I included pictures of the current and new hoses. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20200314_110436.jpg
    20200314_110436.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
  • 20200314_110413.jpg
    20200314_110413.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
Sorry, the hose you have in your hand won't work. You need the hose for that brand and model number faucet. Do you
have the paper work where you can get a part number?

Sorry, the hose you have in your hand won't work. You need the hose for that brand and model number faucet. Do you
have the paper work where you can get a part number?
I have no paper wor . We moved in with it like this. Thanks.

It is simpler to just get a 3-hole faucet and hook it up yourself. This is in the Ohio plumbing code:

http://codes.ohio.gov/oac/4101:3-8-01v1

802.1.6 Domestic dishwashing machines. Domestic dishwashing machines shall discharge indirectly through an air gap or air break into a waste receptor in accordance with Section 802.2, or discharge into a wye branch fitting on the tailpiece of the kitchen sink or the dishwasher connection of a food waste disposer. The waste line of a domestic dishwashing machine discharging into a kitchen sink tailpiece or food waste disposer shall connect to a deck-mounted air gap or the waste line shall rise and be securely fastened to the underside of the sink rim or counter.

Assuming you ever put a dishwasher near the sink, the recommended technique is to use an air gap. When this went into the plumbing code in many states, the hole where people would normally put a spare hose was commandeered by the air gap. This is why most modern kitchen faucets use an integrated hose in their faucet. Cost is not that unbearable, and you can start off with a new faucet that does not leak like the old one.

Are you sure you commented in the correct Thread?

Maybe not. Does the OP need guidance about how to remove the assembly at the top or the bottom? Pictures are confusing since he has a new hose on the side, connected to nothing. The drain looks like there should be a waste disposal unit underneath. Stuff is missing.

Not sure what you're looking at.
The OP(original poster) was just trying to replace the side hose (spray hose) on existing faucet.

Those BLUE things in 2nd photo are spring clips.
Will *guess* that removing one at bottom, or both will release white plastic fitting, and old hose.

Back