Need help ID'ing cartridge and getting it out of housing?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It isn't really a big deal. We don't sell retail, we don't typically sell to plumbers. Our customer is the supply house and wholesaler. (Some OEM stuff and repackagers). My goal is to make it easier for the plumber/maintenance/professional to repair the fixtures instead of just tossing the whole thing out. I am trying to come up with more ways to do that. Most plumbers I talk to just go straight to replace the whole thing.
It’s less time consuming to the pro to replace. Customer do not like to pay for computer,phone or driving around town hunts.

So a lot of times replacement is more economical for the customer and more profitable for the plumber. It depends on what has to be torn up to access the valve that makes the decision.

Or having it match the existing fixtures in the bath. Otherwise I snatch it out.

I get paid the same to plumb as I do hunt parts. It doesn’t take long to get upside down.

It’s less time consuming to the pro to replace. Customer do not like to pay for computer,phone or driving around town hunts.

So a lot of times replacement is more economical for the customer and more profitable for the plumber. It depends on what has to be torn up to access the valve that makes the decision.

Or having it match the existing fixtures in the bath. Otherwise I snatch it out.

I get paid the same to plumb as I do hunt parts. It doesn’t take long to get upside down.
Yes. This is a conversation I have regularly.

Back