Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there!

My wife and I recently bought our first detached home! We bought a Moen Trim Kit for our upstairs bathroom, however, when the plumber we hired to install it (among many other things) came to do the work, he said he could not install it because he has never seen this valve before. Couldn't recommend any other brand either; Delta, etc. Hoping someone, somewhere out there can assist. We don't want to gut the entire tub/shower due to the over-tiling done by the previous owner. We'd IDEALLY like to discover what brand this is so we can replace the trim for something more aesthetically pleasing, using the existing valve.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_3497.jpg
    IMG_3497.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 11
  • PXL_20210112_063245783.jpg
    PXL_20210112_063245783.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
I think at least a handful of companies use that generic cartridge, and brand it as their own.
Including some store brands like HD and Lowes.
What the OP needs to know is what brand is his trim, so he can replace it with something that will fit his valve.
Whatever brand name, or names, of new trim kits will fit this probably generic valve body.

Latest posts

Back