Need help identifying Shower Control Valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PatB

Reaction score
I need to replace the handle to a shower, it is a single control (shower only, no diverter). It is a ball type valve turn left for hotter right for colder, water flow is increased by moving handle up, all the way down to shutoff. The handle is attached via a allen screw in the bottom of the knob (not the center screw as in most).

I have sent photos to Delta and they initially informed me that this was a 600 series ball assembly shower controller and that RP70 handle and the RP212 knob part#'s (RP17443, RP17451) would work. I ordered one of each of these however the shaft length was too short for the Allen screw to fully catch the shaft.

After contacting Delta a second time and explaining the issue with the shaft length they reexamined the photos and said that they were mistaken as none of the 600 series used a face plate with the screws at the top as this one does, they were unable to identify the unit and only said it is not made by delta.

I am attaching photo's .... Any body know what this unit is and or how to get a handle that fits?
Thanks!
Pat
IMG_2766.jpg image1.jpg image2.jpeg

Valley for sure
It takes a cartridge like this.
valley.png

Old Deltas look similar with the triangular stem guide but the cap is smaller and more round
and has a ball on stem

Delta.png

Last edited:
Valley for sure
It takes a cartridge like this.
View attachment 17454

Old Deltas look similar with the triangular stem guide but the cap is smaller and more round
and has a ball on stem

View attachment 17455

Thank you very much!!! - I was ready to replace the entire controller just due to the missing handle (this was in a rental property and handle went missing). I just ordered a Valley replacement handle.

I am amazed that nobody at Delta or the Plumbers in the area that looked at it couldn't identify it!

Greatly appreciate the info!
PatB

Back