Need help identifying shower cartridge

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

joshuani

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am trying to repair a one piece body shower and can not find this cartridge anywhere, neither can my plumbing store. This thing was purchased on Overstock.com and there is no brand anywhere on it and no markings on the cartridge. Any ideas? View attachment ImageUploadedByPlumbing Forum1427879371.792978.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByPlumbing Forum1427879389.200931.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByPlumbing Forum1427879407.710310.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByPlumbing Forum1427879438.543373.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByPlumbing Forum1427879471.925323.jpg

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Have you tried calling the company directly?

...from a Google search:
Kokols USA Inc.
8797 Rochester Ave. A-1
Rancho Cucamonga
CA, 91730

Phone : 909-329-2710
--------------------------------
Email: KOKOLSUSA@GMAIL.COM
--------------------------------
WWW.KOKOLSINC.COM

This location is about 20 minutes from my house. Let me know if I could be of any help to you.

joshuani

Reaction score
Havasu, thank you for your reply. When I call that number I get a weird message that hangs up on me. I finally got through one time and spoke with a lady that spoke broken English she said they don't know what brand cartridges they use and I would have to buy a brand new shower. I told her that is insane and asked to speak with a manager. She said the manager was gone but took my number and said he would call. I'm not expecting a call back.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I also tried calling that number with no success. I do know that area is known for these huge concrete tilt up businesses, with numerous cheap Asian contents. The owners always drive very expensive Mercedes Benz's, and seem to all have their own private parking spots just to the left of the front doors. Must be a feng shui thing?

joshuani

Reaction score
I also tried calling that number with no success. I do know that area is known for these huge concrete tilt up businesses, with numerous cheap Asian contents. The owners always drive very expensive Mercedes Benz's, and seem to all have their own private parking spots just to the left of the front doors. Must be a feng shui thing?

Ha ha sounds about right. well it looks like I'll be buying a whole new shower panel. Lesson learned. Thanks for your help calling that number, at least I know it's not just me.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Before throwing in the towel, their web site has an e-mail reply system. Why don't you request that someone (who speaks English) either call or text you about your concerns. It sure is cheaper than getting a new one.

joshuani

Reaction score
Yeah I left an e-mail last night and got no reply I'll keep trying.

Matt30

Professional
Professional
Reaction score
Ran into the same issue with one of the Uberhaus units. After months of getting nowhere, the customer decided "screw it"....and had us come back and put in a standard shower control and got rid of the unit. They are nothing but junk if you ask me.

Mr_David

Easily Amused
Professional
Reaction score
Damn It! I hate it when I have the post already to go and I close the entire browser instead of just the previous window I was working in. :mad:

Looks like a Price Pfister cartridge.
So I did an image Google search.
Do these look like what you need?

These even have the same 2 alignment tits on the bottom. :cool:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

joshuani

Reaction score
mr. David, thanks for that research. It looked so close but when I researched those price pfister ones they were just a bit smaller.