Need Help Identifying Delta Tub/Shower handle parts.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoYouLikeHam

Reaction score
I have a slow leak/drip on a shower/bath... I assume it’s the cartridge needing replacement. I know it is a Delta. Can anyone confirm it is the RP19804 that I need?

6FDA9506-54D6-47C6-9C0E-DC9E24BB0B96.jpeg

Also, I happen to have two tubs w/ the same hardware... one has a bad / stripped nut (for lack of a better item name)... can anyone help point me to the replacement part? I must have no idea what these are called as I’m striking out. They fit on the end of the post of the cartridge, and fit into the handle, secured w/ set screw.

Here is what the part looks like from the front/top.
781C274C-2E3B-402A-B958-77DAB5B3AC99.jpeg

Here’s the ‘good’ one from the back.
874B572E-D027-4013-A1D1-4ABC57C05332.jpeg

And the ‘bad’ one from the back.
E8D8BB11-A43D-4A52-A418-02B7D29A53B4.jpeg

Thx much in advance!

Those appear to be universal handle replacement adapters. Get the original equipment and I think you will be able to toss those adapters.

Thanks, havasu... though, not sure that helps.. where would order such a part? I’m not having any luck w/ search terms and browsing I’ve done on Lowes, Home Depot, or Amazon. I don’t need any other part to replace the nut.. just the nut.

Those plastic nuts might be OEM Delta stem extenders or adapters.

Contact Delta customer service with all these questions, that is their job.

Some delta cartridges also have the seats and springs under them.

You will probably get better advice if you post a good clear bright pic, with the trim and handle all in place, so Delta or a pro on here will recognize the trim and faucet.

thanks... however, I’m still completely stuck finding the white nut piece.. any thoughts (other than hoping Delta gets back to me?)

That is probably called a stem adapter or handle adapter, another Delta-only part.
You will have to contact them, or search for parts diagrams for the valve that I identified for you.
It’s easier to call them on the phone than to wait for email replies.

Great.. thanks for your help. While the part documentation related to what you sent only had generic trim info, and not details about the handle, more searching lead me to find the handle as H777 or H778 (in case someone else comes across this in the future.). Though, I've yet to find a diagram that shows the adapter. I'll give Delta a call.. thx.

Back