Need help after new jacuzzi installed -45 min to fill tub

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next plumbing company you call. Tell them your a customer from 2001. Before everyone went to computer system. Tell them how much you liked that plumber but couldn’t tell ya name or description because you weren’t there. Your wife met him. But if he is still there please send him. Call him a technician. At least then you get someone who has been a service tech for a few years. If the phone screener knows exactly who you mean. Then wait on him or her.

If the faucet is installed with the trim on, then what valves is he showing us. Did the old set up have a shower head?

Can't believe how simple the fix was!! The new plumber came and he decided to take the tub faucet off first and work his way up. Before doing that, he turned water on and agreed the water flow was very low. Then he noticed the tub faucet had a diverter on it...which wasn't needed since I had a fancy multi diverter installed separately. This tub diverter affected the shower head only, but the other diverter did as well. When he took that faucet off, the water pressure went way up. It was immediately apparant that the diverter valve there, was restricting water. All he did was put the prior tub faucet back on, which had no restrictions or anything inside it....and voila! my jacuzzi fills up in about 10-11 min!! He did have to solder a new threaded fitting so the spout could screw on again, but all was done in very short amount of time. No need to go into the wall. Thanks to everyone.

Tom F....those valves in the picture ...the older one went to the original cast iron tub when I knew I had no water pressure problem. Then we took it out and installed a jacuzzi, with shower and separate hand held sprayer on tub. The other diverter in the picture went to that one. Then that jacuzzi had to be replaced due to 2nd flood and some clown put in another diverter for no reason...and then it took 45 min to fill the tub. That diverter is still in the wall. Ending up, even though the new diverter wasn't necessary, the problem was that he changed out the faucet as well and installed a faucet with a diverter, which restricted water flow.
We changed that faucet back to a plan old ordinary tub faucet and now It works great!

O gotcha. Ha ha. Sry hard to hear dry humor on here. Lol. Have a great day be safe. I headed out to round a few terds.

Well....All of you helped because my contractor finally took me seriously when I told him I posted to this blog and got several replies. I had been asking him to get another plumber for a month, ....even after he said he had talked to another plumber who had fixed a similar problem by changing out the valve....but for some reason he kept wanted to use the original plumber who had no idea how to fix it. Once I posted and got replies....he finally set up the other plumber who had it fixed in no time.

Don't underestimate how much your professional opinions....right or wrong....help. The discussion of the mass of professionals is powerful and helps common folks a LOT. So Thanks to everyone.

I venture this: The problem is flow from the diverter valve. Delta R11000 3/6 is designed for shower accessories.
The proper way to have a tub fill function properly is to plumb the main Delta valve tub port to a diverter tub spout, and have the shower port piped to the diverter valve.
See the recommendations from the Delta reps here: https://www.deltafaucet.com/bathroom/product/r11000
Sorry you are not getting good response from your plumber.

Latest posts

Back