Need advice on moving my kitchen sink water source

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HUPPSTER

Reaction score
Need some advice. I'm a DIY handyman-type (taught myself drywall, tiling, etc.) but have never done any sort of plumbing install. I am updating my kitchen cabinets. I am replacing a 36" wide double sink with a 24" wide fireclay sink (wife's choice so changing that is not an option.)
The issue now is because of the cabinet sizes and layout, the cabinet holding the sink cannot contain all the water source outlets. There are 2 hot water sources and 1 cold. The far left (with the black tube) goes to the dishwasher. I need to move it over about 3 inches.
My questions:
Would it be easier to cap it off behind the drywall and add a splitter to the center hot water source and have that line feed the sink and dishwasher? Or will that ruin my water pressure?
Or would it be better to reroute the line over to the right and below the center line (assuming PEX would be the easiest fix.) That's a stud in the center so I can't just move it over, though I could possible cut out a notch there and attachan outlet.
Also, with this kind of work, do I need to seek out a city permit?
Lastly, there is an electrical outlet that also is out of line - I plan on moving it down a few inches. Are there any proximity issues having the outlet close to a water line? I can also move it up, but it will be harder to access behind the sink, though not a deal breaker.
Will post more pictures if needed, but here is what I can see right now (didn't want to tear too much into my wall at this stage.)
open

Attachments

• IMG_7186.jpg
    IMG_7186.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
Back