Need a help on replacing tub spout..

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yts0629

Reaction score
20221209_033224.jpg

I got the old tub spout out but I can't tell what this is.. I tried to unthread using hex key on that hole but the hex key broke off. Seems like maybe it's soldered. Should I try to torch it to unsolder it?

Attachments

• 20221209_033233.jpg
    20221209_033233.jpg
    1,003 KB · Views: 1
It's possible that there's an easy out that small or start with very small drill bits try drilling it out and getting a new Allen screw
Or cut it off without cutting into the pipe in the wall what kind of pipe is it in the wall????? Can't tell , maybe you could get one of those shark bite fittings on there, I've never used them but that could be an option

I always use a small hacksaw but if you use a Dremmel you can cut it off woth that as well. But be very careful of how deep you go. I would cut through till you are almost through on one side then so the aame on the other. After, take a thin screwdriver and tap both sides alternating back and forth until it splits enough to take off. Either that or cut the pipe back a bit and solder a coupling a piece of pipe and a male adapter and thread a spout on.

Back