Natural Gas fitting ID

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvmboy

Reaction score
Bought a natural gas patio heater from over seas and it cam without a supply line connected to the burner. Not a problem except I have no idea what type of fitting is at the connection point. See attached photo. Can anyone help ID the fitting, and let me know how to proceed from there?

1610901307058.png

Attachments

• 1610901289560.png
    1610901289560.png
    634.1 KB · Views: 3
I have no idea! Looks like some kind of foreign air quick connect, which I would be very concerned with using! Can the fitting be removed so you can connect something American made?

I have no idea! Looks like some kind of foreign air quick connect, which I would be very concerned with using! Can the fitting be removed so you can connect something American made?
Not sure, I have not taken apart the housing to look below...but it is soldered, which I am not familiar with for this type of application.

Also, they did supply two standard hose clamps.

I believe that is a Euro style quick release gas connector. I saw dozens of photos on UK, AU sites, and overseas eBay sites.

I'd remove that one, and replace with listed US style ones. What can be soldered, can be unsoldered. What can be assembled, can be disassembled. Yes, what you saved on this overseas unit may be negated by work you need to do to bring it up to standards.

Else, buy the requisite parts from overseas Amazon, eBay and other sites and have it shipped here.

Latest posts

Back