Mystery Plumbing

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, I've got a black flex-line coming from one of my cold water shut-offs that goes into the wall behind my kitchen sink (see attached annotated picture under my sink; green highlighted line is the mystery line). The wall goes to the exterior and the outside wall can be see in the second attached picture. There's a spigot and some sort of access panel in the general vicinity of where that black flex-line enters the wall. I thought at first that the flex-line fed the spigot, which would have been unorthodox. That's not the case. Water flows through the spigot with the valve off. So, maybe its something in that panel? Maybe that's a hook-up for an outdoor sink? Panel is not easily removed and I'm wondering if anyone has thoughts before I do try to remove it. My goal is to just get rid of the black flex-line.

Attachments

• Kitchen sink.png
    Kitchen sink.png
    699.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 20200316_144141 (1).jpg
    20200316_144141 (1).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 44
Looks like you have a "S" drain as well. I just replumbed my kitchen sink and removed the "S" trap. I assume there is another trap on the left out of the picture range? That extra line goes somewhere. Perhaps another fridge. Is it turned off?

Wow, there is A LOT going on down there!
The International Space Station probably has a less complex plumbing set up than that, haha!

Just wondering, but it looks like some drain piping got plumbed into the cleanout hole, just above the trap adapter.
Anyone have thoughts on that?

I don’t see a trap, might be a sewer gas problem.
Where does that pvc come from?

Latest posts

Back