Mystery leak from stainless steel kitchen sink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe Goop will work (one of the earlier recommendations). I always keep a roll of Revere Miracle Seal available since it will conform to curved surfaces. It has been around for decades, and it's amazing that it is still being sold. Fantastic for gutter work.

miracle-seal.jpg

Miracle Seal 2 1/2

goop works awesome, itā€™s like liquid rubber band

Some leaked out in my tool box and glued my copper tube cutters to the box. It took all my strength pulling up while standing on the box and then it stretched like a rubber band.

I had to cut that crap. I ended up throwing them away

It was bananas man

Yeah, if I ever got something like Goop, I would keep it in a plastic bag or container within whatever container it is in. Don't want it leaking out. I still haven't fully leaned the leaked pipe dope out of my little plastic storage box.

I'm glad I don't need to get a new kitchen sink yet. But, still trying to decide on a lavatory sink. Looking at Proflo, Kohler/Sterling, and Toto brands. Toto would match the toilet but they are pricey.

As an update, my patch job is still holding up. No leaks.
Reading over again and thinking about flex seal, I was wondering how it would work on the underside of a tub to noise-dampen and add a little extra insulation. Thinking of putting it on the bottom of the tub and the shower pan- although showerpan has a grid pattern on the bottom.

Back