my new sewing machine

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sent you a pm

You can do it any way you wish, But I have found that is you use a thin leather, then it is a good idea to use a thicker piece where the nose section is. It helps it keep its shape.
I also use thicker veg tan on the head strap instead of a wonky string

hey Mark,,,,What is the link to the forum Chris started? My PC crashed about a year ago and i lost the link to get back

Do you mean the houserepairtalk forum? I haven't seen Chris on in ages. I hope he's doing OK.

Chris is fine. We talk every day, but he never jumps on the forums anymore. He is always busier than a one-armed paper hanger.

I'm glad he's fine. I was a bit worried when he stopped posting, but it sounds like he's got his hands full & isn't interested in social media as much now. Please let him know we miss him, but understand he's busy.

I have finally had it with my old machine ( well it is about 30 years old) and just thrown it out in a fit of pique... It sure picks its moments to play up and did it once too often today. What should have taken 10 mins took me nearly 3 hours!

I need to replace it with something easy(ish) to use and above all RELIABLE!! I am looking for something a bit better than a very basic machine but the choice is bewildering. I would like to use it for quilting and a machine embroidery function would be nice if not too pricey.

Anyone with a high-end machine got any recommendations or even info on the ones to avoid?

I have been told that Singer brand is now garbage (at least for their lower end machines). I was in a sewing forum but it closed down and I can no longer see the machine recommendations. Not sure for sewing leather, but I've been told Brother is good. I wish I could be of more help. I found an article but I don't know how accurate it is:
https://www.thecreativecurator.com/best-leather-sewing-machine/

Back