My Life Has Been Shattered

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted this as I stumbled across it while GOOGLING re-circulation systems. I knew there was trouble with copper but thought CPVC would not break down the same.

There was another thread a few weeks ago that I couldn't find (where I wanted to attach this) discussing CPVC and a poster posted a reference to CPVC leaching carrying hot water.

Now I find reports that if the PVC/CPVC doesn't get you, the glue will. Then, to top it all,frodo posted references to faults found in PEX.

I posted this as I stumbled across it while GOOGLING re-circulation systems. I knew there was trouble with copper but thought CPVC would not break down the same.

There was another thread a few weeks ago that I couldn't find (where I wanted to attach this) discussing CPVC and a poster posted a reference to CPVC leaching carrying hot water.

Now I find reports that if the PVC/CPVC doesn't get you, the glue will. Then, to top it all ,frodo posted references to faults found in PEX.

OK...

Keep reading PEX leaches also.

Guess it will be heavy wall copper with frequent pH monitoring and a RO System for drinking/cooking... :rolleyes:

I had some PVC shatter just the other day-- it was on an outside line. Shattered right below the shutoff valve-- well, partially inside the shutoff.

Was the PVC exposed to sunlight?

It needs to be painted when exposed.

Yes. I didn't realize it had to be painted. I wrapped the entire thing up in insulation and duct tape now. but I may spray paint it later to make sure nothing is exposed. We have quite a few external ones that were not painted and there were parts exposed to sunlight. That may explain why some of them broke.

Latest posts

Back