Moving vent to remove bathroom divider wall

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UteDawg

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm planning on removing this wall and moving the vent that is currently housed there. I'm wondering though what is the best way to relocate the vertical part over about a foot and a half so that I can eliminate the wall that is sticking out so I can put a larger vanity in. I want to leave the roof alone and would think I'm fine to jog in the ceiling to connect but need to understand how I can move the connection at the floor over and not run into issues. I'd like to have it run vertical at the same spot where you can see the pipe from the sink connecting in (this can be hidden in the existing wall that I'm not getting rid of) but I'd like thoughts on how to do this. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20210831_184841.jpg
    20210831_184841.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • 20210831_184827.jpg
    20210831_184827.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
Offset the pipe below the vanity level. So some of the pipe will be visible under the vanity.

Maybe you’ll accept this or maybe not. I just did a kitchen like what I’m describing.

Have the pipe run horizontal for a couple feet right above floor level? I've read that having the vent run horizontal or having a 90 below the flood level is an issue. With this being below the sink would that be a problem or am I not understanding correctly?

No, a couple feet above the floor install a 45 to offset then another to go back vertical.

The pipe would be visible inside the vanity.

why would you tear that wall down just to add a vanity that’s only a few inches longer ?

A few reasons. We dont like the wall, wanted to open up the bathroom a bit, it's small. Also putting in a double sink vanity so it wouldn't fit with the wall there. I dont think the 45 idea will work for my application. There wouldn't be room in the vanity to connect a 45 a few feet above floor level and run to the back. It would hit the top of the vanity before it reaches where the next vertical pipe needs to go.

Can I cut the current vert pipe, cap it, and then install a new junction along the line in the location I would like it to be and go vertical from there?

Can I cut the current vert pipe, cap it, and then install a new junction along the line in the location I would like it to be and go vertical from there?
I have no idea. You would need to draw your complete drain system as installed with measurements.

I just did what I explained in the previous post last week. Worked for me.

Is that the toilet vent? Do you have a basement/crawlspace? What's that look like underneath there? That'd help get you more suggestions.

Back