Moving an outdoor spigot ?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bermuda

Reaction score
I had someone come out that said its easy to move our outdoor spigot over about 5 feet..Right now its head rests on our deck, so we can fit a hose under it..Plumber said it (spigot nozzle) cant be moved to the left or right cause its soldered..So...he said its easy to move it to the right of our house..just around the bend on the foundation...right now it comes out of the siding...
What would you say is the going rate for a job like that??
Also, many people told me water heaters 40 G are $1000 to install etc..we want a 50 gallon and were told $1500 cause valves need to be added and to be brought up to code..Ours is 18 yrs old now....Does that sounds too expensive>?

In these situations I can best advise you to call several companies, ask for free quotes and get as many as you need to until you feel comfortable with your choice. There could be factors that make the installs difficult that we cannot see that a plumber on site can see.
Different companies have different overhead and charge accordingly. Moving a hose bib could cost between $100 to $800 and a new hot water tank could cost between $750 to $2,300.
Just take your time and don't succumb to high pressure sales. Replacing the old valve(s) is common on new installs and is sometimes a necessity.

Thank you! Actually to add a new outdoor spigot, and just leave the old one where it is..The estimate was 850...
And about 1500 for the water heater... But if they did both jobs, I think the spigot woudl be 650..
I guess we jsut think 850 is alot of money, but then again they do have to drill thru the foundation to add it..So Im clueless..I guess we can get another estimate to find out...

My price to put a new 50 gallon tank is just under 1400 with new valve gas also new glue and expansion tank tanks are not warrant anymore without expansion as per many manufaturers

Ok..So I guess its somewhat in the right ball park...Something too I think about a pan underneath...
What about adding another spigot..the lines are right there, and he said I can move it anywhere I want to the right of my house...$850?

Latest posts

Back