Moving a toilet laterally?

Discussion in 'Toilets and Sinks' started by mlight, Jul 11, 2018.

Help Support Plumbing Forums by donating using the link above.
  1. Jul 11, 2018 #1

mlight

mlight

mlight

So I need to move my toilet about 3" to the left; as you'll see in the picture, it's AWFULLY close to the second wall. I understand that I can't use an offset flange for lateral movement, and I'm looking for options other than demolishing the floor and sawing into the main stack to create a new drain pipe for the toilet. Picture6 010.jpg

I'm considering an American Standard Accesspro Right Height toilet, which you can see in the link below. Apparently, the toilet itself accommodates lateral movement to connect to existing drain pipes without having to tear up the floor or change the drain pipe at all. Has anyone installed one of these or worked with them? Any thoughts?? Thanks!

https://www.americanstandard-us.com...right-height-elongated-toilet-with-seat-23537

2. Jul 11, 2018 #2

TomFOhio

TomFOhio

TomFOhio

Professional Professional

When I bring up the site you gave that toilet says discontinued.

3. Jul 12, 2018 #3

mlight

mlight

mlight

I have found it on a couple of other sites for sale. I'm confident I can get one; I just don't know of anyone who's actually installed or used it for the application of moving a toilet a couple of inches to the side???

4. Jul 12, 2018 #4

johnjh2o

johnjh2o

johnjh2o

Senior Member Professional

That is one tight bathroom. Code says min. space for a toilet is 30". Plus a elongated toilet will be 2" longer and it may interfere with the door.