Moen Shower Cartridge

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perspect

Reaction score
We have a single handle Moen valve 1016P and the cartridge is leaking. My search for the cartridge brings up several model numbers 1200, 1222,1225. I'd like to have the correct part in hand when I start the job to reduce the amount of time the water is shut off.
Can anyone tell me the correct cartridge I need?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20200519_151408893.jpg
    IMG_20200519_151408893.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
Moen posi temp , not sure of model # off my head , 1222 I think . Call Moen and they will send you one for free if you are original purchaser , wink wink .About 44 bucks at Lowes or menards . Make sure replacement is OEM Moen brand not an aftermarket wannabe . Have to use correct handle and euscutcheon for posi temp cartridge and faucet body

Thanks Pat. Called Moen but they were busy, probably short staffed. Scheduled a call back for Thursday. Waiting a couple of days will be worth it if I can get a replacement at no charge.

If you turn handle. It’s the fat cartridge. If you pull handle out then turn left and right. It’s the skinny one. Get a moen puller too.

Gee whiz. Got the cartridge and the tool but the old cartridge snapped. I was able to get most of it out but the very end of the old cartridge is stuck at the back of the valve. There's nothing to grab with needle nose pliers. Any ideas on how to this piece out? Also, does anyone know if the cartridge has Cooper at the back end or is it the brass pipe I'm seeing. Thanks. Kind of an emergency too.

Attachments

• IMG_20200607_192745237.jpg
    IMG_20200607_192745237.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
Gee whiz. Got the cartridge and the tool but the old cartridge snapped. I was able to get most of it out but the very end of the old cartridge is stuck at the back of the valve. There's nothing to grab with needle nose pliers. Any ideas on how to this piece out? Also, does anyone know if the cartridge has Cooper at the back end or is it the brass pipe I'm seeing. Thanks. Kind of an emergency too.
Ok. Got everything out, new cartridge in but now the shower won't turn off. ☹️

Latest posts

Back