Moen leak

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Reaction score
Can any of you guys tell me if this is the cartridge leaking or something else? It is leaking at the joint below the handle, not at the handle itself. It's a moen if it is the cartridge can you tell me which one to grab and how to get the handle off?

20180112_095307.jpg

Probably the same cartridge as my daughter's kitchen faucet, #1255. HD has them if you don't want to wait for Moen to send you a free one. Is there a rubber plug on the underside of the handle? That should pry off, revealing a set screw. Go to Moen.com and search "Solidad" for more information.
FWIW
YMMV

I’ve seen that style faucet leak at the cartridge. Take off the handle, spin off the chrome piece under it, and tighten the cartridge. I’ve seen two cartridges loosen themselves up over time.

I dug into it last night after buying the 1225 cartridge which was not the right one. This faucet has a funny looking cartridge or mixer valve like none that I have seen. Like debo22 said it just worked itself loose, the nut that holds the cartridge in i was able to take off by hand. Tightened it all up and no more leaks. Thinks for your guys help.

Back