Moen faucet handle replacement

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jomarl

Reaction score
Our house was built in 2001. We have Moen 4” centerset two-handle bathroom faucets with round, plastic handles (see photo). I’d like to replace the dated faucet handles, but the faucets are still in working order, and as a newbie DIY’er, I am hesitant about creating new problems by replacing the entire faucet. I have been trying to find new metal handles that will fit the existing faucet, but none of the “universal” handles are tall enough. The Moen service center recommended parts 100621 and 100624, but those are priced around $60 per handle.

Is there another option for replacing the old plastic handles, or do I just need to replace the entire faucet?

moenfaucet.jpg

Just change the whole faucet.

Even if you install new handles, you will still have that chunky dated looking older faucet.

The faucet should come off pretty easy.
It should not be rusted on after that short a time.

You can probably leave the old sink drain in place, as long as the linkage for the pop up lines up with the new faucet.
Don’t get a new faucet with any of the freaky types of pop up stopper systems, look at the old one and get one close to that arrangement.

Most of the work comes from changing out the drain plumbing, so if you can leave that, the faucet change is easy.
You might want to take the p trap off just to have room to work under there.

If your set to keep your old faucet you can get a pair of handles for 20 some dollars at homerepairparts.com .handles.png

Tom,
He wants to get rid of that chunky plastic style,
which he already has, and switch to metal handles.

Latest posts

Back