Moen Bathtub/ shower faucet Cartridge Leaking, valve is damaged too

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebmulp

Reaction score
Hi ,

My Moen Bathtub/ shower faucet Cartridge is Leaking and the valve is damaged too.
Please see the attached pictures.

1. I did put a new cartridge but it is still leaking. I lost the retainer clip. You think is that the reason for leak?
2. Observe that valve where cartridge goes is damage at the bottom. This got damaged when I pulled out an old cartridge.
3. Do I need to replace the valve? If yes, then looks like I have to remove the ceramic tiles. Or should I cut the dray wall in my hallway and access it from the rear.
4. What is involved in changing the valve?

WOW I have never seen photos posted that way before. You can insert them directly to you post with the question.
Just use the "Upload File" at bottom right in box you are typing question in. Right next to "post reply"

15976-006737b8368f05a721447abb3dcd36c4.jpg 15977-fe559850a7d3c7553758a48be54fb5aa.jpg 15978-f67cd0c1eaa3d41aeb1f86a4fd7cce52.jpg

WOW!! That's bad. You need to replace valve. better to replace from back side.
From the result of your attempt to fix it yourself , your best bet is to call a pro.
If you have to ask what's involved your best bet is to call a pro.

here's what a replacement might look like through the front tile.
If you can get it from back, then you shouldn't have to damage any tile.

DSC04445.JPG

DSC04448.JPG

Latest posts

Back