Moen bathroom sink low flowing hot water

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo 'Gus' Gustafsson

Reaction score
Now that the pedestal sink and drain are completed for the time being, I'm about to tackle the hot water flow problem in the Moen L4601 Chateau
l4601.tif.jpg
bathroom sink faucet. Not only is the hot water side a stiffer pull, but also the flow is gradually slowing. I'm not certain that a cartridge change would address the low hot water flow but I think I'm on the right track (like a slipped O ring. My kitchen sink for similar reasons, I replaced the entire faucet not knowing about replaceable cartridges. From the Moen site it seems that the faucet take a 1225 cartridge. I have most of the tools I need but I need to lay a hand to my channel locks, I have a larger pair of genuine Vise Grip needle nose pliers, but don't want to destroy the cartridge just in case it's not a Moen 1225.
The Moen site has a great step by step video on replacing these cartridges; The video is in the lower portion of this page
Just in case are there any other tricks or tips I need to know?

Thanks in advance.
Gus

Last edited:
First, make sure you have good flow at the angle stop.
turn angle stop off.
disconnect the supply riser. Add a faucet flex and direct into bucket so that you can determine if you have good water flow at the hot angle stop.\

I was thinking the same on the kitchen sink that I outright replaced a while back, but the stoppage was in the faucet.. Too bad I saw no video prior to disposing of it, it was a rebuildable Moen as well.

If it is not at the shut off valve call Moen and have them send you a new cartridge. Replace it and see if
that takes care of your problem. Moen will send cartridge for free.

If it is not at the shut off valve call Moen and have them send you a new cartridge. Replace it and see if
that takes care of your problem. Moen will send cartridge for free.
They will send a new cartridge if you let them know that you are the original owner. Lots of videos on Youtube to show you how to do it! :)

In my city i will take the used Moen cartridge to Home Depot and get a free replacement.

Back