mobile home shower valve help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
say thanks for that link i will pass that on to the people and they can figure if they want to get it. it looks ok but not secure and not weather proof and it is not secure and not very large opening to work thru. i may be able to work thru it if it comes down to it. plus i have to figure out how to insulate this after i take the wall out and have to seal it back. this really looks like an internal access panel. but thanks it may have to work if i do not find something more weather tight.

Last edited:
ok they can't fix it now due to funding. i told them to make contact with the park maint guys as they repair the park owned units and my guess is they can help them repair there's. they have access to parts and they should have the tool and knowhow. thanks for the help

I enjoyed looking at the pics on another plumbing forum of the back of the valve.

😍

thanks guys it may just turn out i get involved again but if i do i will try to remove the seat and even if it breaks i will then take them to some local plumbing businesses and see if they have old parts laying around but my guess if they will contact the park main guys and those boys will fix them up. thanks for all the help. it is hard to do with mobile homes i know i had one and i have helped other before those homes are real hard to do. and these folks are on a tight budget that is why i was trying so hard to help them out. she was a former co-worker and he is a disabled vet and i was doing the labor free anyway thanks again. if i get involved again and have issues i will stop back and see if you guys can help out. thanks

We have several mobile home repair facilities around us. I think I'd rather purchase a new M/H faucet, gut out the valves, and instant repair!

are you telling me you change the valve completely or just cheng out the stem and seat?

We have several mobile home repair facilities around us. I think I'd rather purchase a new M/H faucet, gut out the valves, and instant repair!
I’d rather put parts in it and new trim on it if the brass body is good. I usually can do that in less than an hour. Usually identification is no problem, especially in my service area.

If I replaced it I would have to install a pressure balanced valve and remodel plate. Might take 1/2 a day and involve other trades

we do not have mobile home repair around us we have parks and they have their own staff. i tried contacting the rv centers and they said no parts for mobile homes. so i'm in the middle, they have no money the valve can't be accessed but cutting intot he outside wall now plumbing companies have parts. if i can find parts i would just change them out and be done with it. if i try to get the old parts out and they break i have to cut into the outside wall so i can install shutoff valves just to get the water back on. remember they have no money broke as a bone. i already put $$ into it labor gas parts just to get the water to stop pouring out the faucets now. it is not a good fix the the water is on the leaks has stopped and they can use it, but it is a cobbled mess. what you going to do. they have park maint guys that repair park owned homes so i told them to see if one of those guys might have some old parts or know where to get parts for that valve? my money is on those guys. thanks

We thought you passed the torch to the maintenance crew 💁
yes i did but someone her is chiming in with other thoughts so i'm informing him what i have done and did. i told the folks to call the park maint guys and ask them if they have parts for that faucet. i can't say they will and if i was a betting man i would say about october i will hear back from them telling the cobbled stem is now now working and they have water leaking again and high water bills. and never did call the park guys to see if they could help. being those guys repair the park home they should have a good handle on parts for this valve. thanks

ok they called the maint guys and they said they would not touch the job. so they must not do moonlighting either. so i'm back the beginning again. so i told them when they get a bit ahead to call me and i will take the cobbled handle and solder an extension to it to make the stem thread go back into the stem body and at the same time i will try to get the seats out and if that fails then a fast stop gap tearing into the outside wall the install shutoff valve to get the water back on and then go for parts or a new system. if i have to tear the wall out i will go for a new valve and not fix this old one as it will then be so old the next time i will not find parts ever.

thanks for all the ideas and help. i see on ebay they have a glacier bay shower faucet sometimes for under 35$ so i may get one banking on them calling me in a few weeks to fix the leak again. i do not know how good those are but they are better than what they have now. thanks

i see on ebay they have a glacier bay shower faucet sometimes for under 35$ so i may get one banking on them calling me in a few weeks to fix the leak again.
Good for you for helping out. I bet if you buy this it'll sit on a shelf for decades before the current fix fails. 8*)

Back