Mobile bar plumbing

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrowley

Reaction score
I'm looking for advice

I've been tasked to make a mobile bar, the client has requested everything be contained inside. like a RV so I want to run through my thinking making sure I'm accounting for everything I need to have in place.
we will have access to power nearby because I need to run the kegerator 110v, water heater 110v, and pump 110v.
The bar needs a handwashing sink, a separate dump sink, and an ice bin, everything needs to drain into two gray water tanks, probably two for ease, and fewer pipes. one for the ice bin, and one for both sinks.

so for the handwashing system, using Pex tubing and Shark bite fittings.

So basically
  • Freshwater is filled into the tank, from a garden hose fitting
  • once full, the Freshwater tank, water goes to the pump
  • From the pump, it splits into hot and cold lines, hot goes through the water heater and to the faucet and cold goes straight to the faucet.
  • water in the handwashing sink then drains with a P trap to the grey water tank.
  • dump sink drains straight to the same grey water tank
Questions,
  • with a system like this can I use a metering faucet to slow the time it takes to use the water in the freshwater?
  • if I use a metering faucet should I use a small tank water heater? not a tankless?
  • will this pump be good?

both grey water tanks will have vents for airflow and valves for draining themselves.

Thanks would be happy to hear your thoughts

Last edited:
RV equipment is not in most plumber's knowledge base.
IMHO, sharkbite type fittings might not be the best on a rig that gets a lot of movement, since they rely on o-rings.
My experience with John Guest type fittings which are essentially similar, is that they can fail when moved, over a longer time-frame.
You are best off using proper, permanent PEX fittings.

If you don’t want to rent or buy a pex crimp ring tool, I have seen pex connection rings that tighten down with a phillips screw.
Probably not great for pipes buried in a wall, but maybe ok for your application.

Back