matching toilet footprints

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powerdog

Reaction score
Our bathroom floor was installed after the toilet, so I need to make sure that a new toilet is the same or larger footprint. Are there certain measurements I should take to the plumbing supply store, or sketch out the bottom on graph paper?

I know it's a Toto Drake, about 12 years old. If I stay with Toto, will the plumbing supply or Toto know which current models have the right footprint?

Many thanks!

Even if you bought the same exact toilet, they are all slightly different shape.

You should pull the toilet and fill in the missing tile.

Tiling around the toilet was a bad idea.

Meanwhile, you should call Toto customer service and ask them about diagrams or measurements, or new toilets that might fit closely.

Not only will the new bowl not fit in the old space, but the OP may find it difficult to find matching tile. Plumbing, thy middle name is INCOMPATIBILITY. This is how a $500 job turns into a $1500 one. At least the previous owner of my house left me some tile- he ran out of money, and could not finish remodeling the bathroom. Sinks, toilet, bidet, and bathtub all had to be replaced. Windows, too, but that is another story.

Latest posts

Back