Master shower water lines/ventilation

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coastalfisherman

Reaction score
20200723_215051.jpg

Hello all. Very new to this scene. here is a zoo of water lines that connect throughout my house. I was planning on tiling the this shower floor and walls. (A fiberglass shower and base pan were here previously) Does anyone have suggestions or advice as to keeping this plumbing how it is?

Does anyone think floor tile may be a bad idea? Or would a shower base be better?

This is the only access to these water lines (have no idea why they all connect here)

Also, thru my roof I see one vent pipe. I am not sure if the toilet, sink, and shower are all vented together. I'm not really sure why that pvc extends a couple feet up from the drain.

Any and all comments/ideas/advice would be appreciated!

The pvc might be a vent that was never finished.

Or maybe they were going to add an AAV and never got to

The pipe going up may have been part of the overflow of a tub that was once there. That is how it would lay out if it was. Most showers typically have a center drain.

Have you considered framing a wall just inside that wall to keep all those pipes from interfering with the existing plumbing? You would have to bring the shower valve out to the new stud along with the shower hear mount, and then you could extend the drain to the center of the floor, where is should be. Are you planning on a hot tar base?

Have you considered framing a wall just inside that wall to keep all those pipes from interfering with the existing plumbing? You would have to bring the shower valve out to the new stud along with the shower hear mount, and then you could extend the drain to the center of the floor, where is should be. Are you planning on a hot tar base?

I considered bringing that wall out so that it won't hinder those pipes. There would be very little access in case I needed to reach them though. I've just never seen where all water connections are brought to this location.

The pipe going up may have been part of the overflow of a tub that was once there. That is how it would lay out if it was. Most showers typically have a center drain.

I think there was a whirlpool tub here originally. Then the prior owners replaced that with a fiberglass install. Not sure if I tile a shower here if I should keep this vent or not.

Back