Manufacturer’s minimum cabinet recommendation for new sink vs. reality

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluesky99

Reaction score
dear experts,

thanks for taking the time to review my question.

i’m getting a new sink (and a counter top) going from a 33” x 22” x 6” drop in (over mount) double basin to a 33” x 22”x 9” rectangular sink. My sink cabinet measurements are 34.75” x 22.75” (measured at the bottom of the sink cabinet). Researching on home depot or lowes sites, many of these sinks suggest the minimum cabinet size of 36”.

My question is whether 33” x 22” (basin size is 30” left to right, front to back 17”) would fit no problem despite the manufacturer’s recommendation for minimum cabinet size.

Sorry this isn’t purely a plumbing question but your thoughts would be much appreciated !

Nate

It’ll fit but you probably won’t have room to clip it down properly. You could silicone it in and add weight until it cures, or not, it may not need any weight. Cutting the hole tight will help also.

The sink needs to be perfectly flat when you do this.

Are you installing a garbage disposal? If so, you may run into some depth issues, so pictures of the inside of your cabinet may be helpful.

Back