Manual Pex Expander Tools

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the Milwaukee 12v kit. Now I have no money for fittings and rings.

I’m so stupid

I found some money in my pants when I washed clothes.🤣

So I bought another Milwaukee expander ($160) and an old Wirsbo manual expander ($100) that’s in very good condition. 💁
Score !!!!!
Ive started buying fittings off eBay. I’ve been getting some good deals compared to stores…..

92BE2EB9-71FC-4CA0-A966-58BEABB4A4D8.jpeg38AA7014-87E6-4E21-99F7-5653CF35C6BB.jpeg

Last edited:
Years ago we got on the kick of doing the expansion fittings. We had a cordless expansion tool. Was starting a whole house
new water line job. Two fittings in the job and the cordless quit working. Had to do the rest of the job with a manual expansion
tool. Never again. LOL

You ever heat the ring and pipe up and force a fitting in and tighten a hose clamp around the ring and let it cool ? 🤣

I found where a yard guy tried to glue pex into a cpvc 90.

Fun times on the job ✌️🤩

Got one of the Milwaukee expander tool today and got the manual Wirsbo tool that’s in almost mint condition.

I’d hate to make anymore than a few manual expansions. I’d rather solder copper……🤣

I've given all my manual expanders away through the years. I learned on those and the old Rems tools that Wirsbo used to have in their catalog. Those milwaukee tools are a dream!

I've given all my manual expanders away through the years. I learned on those and the old Rems tools that Wirsbo used to have in their catalog. Those milwaukee tools are a dream!
I ended up buying a cherry Wirsbo manual tool with 1/2-1” heads.

Then I bought two Milwaukee m12 expander kits.

Plus I have an expander I beat in with a hammer if I’m in a pinch……🤡🫣😜

I got it covered y’all

NO! I don't like that one because it wants you to manually rotate the tool as you expand the pipe. I have been unable to find a manual tool that has a head that will automatically rotate the jaws. If you use this tool and don't rotate the pipe or the tool 1/8 turn between expansions then you will get leaks. I think the manual Wirsboro one is discontinued.

I know I've seen one in a video, but I have been unable to find anyone who sells a manual auto-rotate expansion tool. I bought the M12 Milwaukee expansion tool kit ( 1/2, 3/4 & 1 inch heads) part number 2432-22. It was... expensive. Very expensive.

Gah. Remind me to look at the dates before I reply next time.

Latest posts

Back