making shower out of claw foot tub

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

openhand

Reaction score
Hi folks- I’m a remodeller and have been asked to make a claw foot tub usable as a shower. I will post pics of the room and you’ll see the tub already has a wand style shower head but… There’s nowhere to mount it because the wall is too far away. So my questions follow:

1.Is there a good resource for good quality chrome circular shower curtain rails that would mount on the ceiling?

2. How do I mount a wand up high at the head of the tub for the shower without a wall close by? That’s where I have to get creative, I think. I would need to perhaps come up from the faucet with chrome tubing that mounts either to a flange on the ceiling and provides a slider rail for mounting the wand, or something that engages with the circular curtain rail? Any thoughts? Thanks!
PS: I'm rusty at posting photo links so I hope this works:

US%20Tub%201.JPG
US%20Tub2.JPG

Uf- looks like the image links are dead... Can somebody help me out there? I tried linking to my dropbox and it's obviously not working! Thanks!

Or maybe it's ok? I right clicked on the image icons and selected "view image in new tab and it opened- can everyone get the pic open? Thanks

They make this type of system for the tub your talking about. Probably have fancier one's out there too. I've put
these in before and they work good. shower for claw foot tub.jpg

Back